1The M&W proprietary database of psychiatrists is unparalleled in its ability to put your job opening in front of every psychiatrist who meets your hiring criteria
2The M&W recruiters all have exceptionally lengthy tenures within physician and physician executive recruitment and specific to the specialty of psychiatry.
Very High Success Rate
3Where others have failed you in your psychiatry hiring needs, the recruiters of M&W will prevail and with deliver you the caliber of candidate you deserve.
4 Our fees are competitive with other firms and the value enjoyed by our clientele is unsurpassed.
To understand the premise of our firm and our underlying philosophy of being solely focused on the recruitment of psychiatrists, one needs to understand the world of agency physician recruitment. The majority of the physician recruitment industry is broadly focused, which is to stay that almost all other physician recruitment firms will take on a search appointment for any physician specialty they are called upon to conduct, provided the right financial incentive. If you call one of the larger firms you will likely encounter the same degree of eagerness to take on the business of recruiting an internist as you would if you were seeking to recruit a neurosurgeon.
These firms would claim that they do not solely focus in one specialty because their abilities and resources are equal across all specialties. We would agree with this claim, in a sense, but not because we think they perform excellently across all specialties – that they have somehow figured out how to be all things to all people – but rather we agree with them because there is a distinct – albeit unfortunate – degree of parity in choosing to equally neglect all specialties rather than focusing and specializing in just one.
It does not have to be this way. Monroe & Weisbrod has chosen to focus solely in the specialty of psychiatry and it is for a very distinct reason. It is not because we are not capable of recruiting other specialties, it is not because we do not have the resources to recruit other specialties and it is certainly not because we fail to understand that there is a much larger market present for those firms willing to be specialty agnostic. We choose to do this one very specific thing because we want to be the very best at it, and we believe that we are. After working with us, we believe you will agree with us.
Were your child to need a particular surgery, do you prefer a surgeon who does all forms of surgery or the one who is the expert at the one particular surgery that is needed? When you need an attorney to assist with divorce proceedings will any attorney do, or do you want the courtroom brawler whose life is spent in divorce court? When your exotic sports car breaks down will you just take it to the same mechanic who works on the family station wagon? Why would the firm you select to recruit a psychiatrist for your organization be looked upon any differently?
Monroe & Weisbrod is the leader in Psychiatry Recruitment. We are a firm solely focused on the physician manpower needs of the behavioral medicine spectrum and we are eager to speak with you about your psychiatry recruitment needs.
The Typical Clientele of this Psychiatry Recruitment Firm
Monroe & Weisbrod recruits psychiatrists for hospital systems, academic medical centers, private practices, community mental health centers, multi-specialty groups, freestanding psychiatric facilities, federally qualified health centers, critical access facilities, residential treatment centers, therapeutic schools, group homes, state hospitals, homeless shelters, prisons, and jails. We endeavor to be of service to any organization that seeks to recruit a psychiatrist.
Many of our clients’ organizations are of the size where their need for psychiatrist recruitment is episodic and unpredictable so it does not make sense to allocate on-going, in-house resources to something that may come up but once every few years. Therefore, in such cases it makes sense that they would outsource this function to us whenever it surfaces.
On the other hand, many of our clients do have robust in-house recruitment resources in place, but they still outsource their psychiatry recruitment process because the major databases made available for in-house recruitment are notoriously deficient when it comes to psychiatry. Are you perusing this website because your in-house recruiter is not performing for your psychiatry department while seemingly is quite skilled with other specialties? It’s probably not their fault. Some of the very best recruiters in the industry work on an “in-house” basis. Psychiatry recruitment has a reputation of being among the most difficult with the fewest obvious resources available. This dearth of resources is one of the primary reasons this company exists.
How do you recruit psychiatrists?
We have a number of vehicles of candidate for sourcing we utilize in pursuit of recruiting psychiatrists, which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Direct mail: Because we only focus on psychiatry recruitment, we have invested heavily in the creation of the most comprehensive database of psychiatrist home addresses that is available. Please note we only send direct mail to psychiatrist homes, as we do not believe that mail pieces sent to places of work are very effective. Moreover, we believe our mail pieces are better than those typically sent out by other recruitment firms (feel free to call us and we will explain why);
- Cold Calling: While we are very proud of our very tech-forward orientation (especially relative to the very “white shoe” and non-tech savvy world of agency physician recruitment), we still believe firmly in the classic, tried and true method of cold calling psychiatrists. The reality is that the very best psychiatry candidates are not looking at job boards or trolling LinkedIn; they are busy in their jobs and lives and we believe we must intervene and present them directly with a proposition of new employment over the phone. We do this en masse all day, every day to only psychiatrists so we are the psychiatry cold-call experts;
- Email Distribution: Our proprietary method of unearthing psychiatrist email addresses is unsurpassed as are our deliverability rates. We can get your psychiatrist job opening in front of thousands upon thousands of psychiatrists within virtually minutes;
- Passive candidate networking: During the course of our aggressive recruitment efforts that are solely focused on psychiatry, we have built up an extensive network of passive candidates. Specifically, what this means is that quite often we will approach a psychiatrist with a proposition of location X and they will say, “No, thank you I am not interested in location X, nor am I really looking to change my job, but I have to tell you that if a position in Location Y comes up, please let me know.” At this point, given that we hear of and meticulously catalogue many geographic preferences likes this every day, we have a very extensive passive candidate pool that is entirely off the radar of others.
- Referral bonus based sourcing: We make it very well known to the psychiatrists we recruit that even if they are not interested in a position we represent, if they refer someone to us who takes one of our positions we will gladly remunerate such referrals with substantial referral bonuses. Such bonuses can be paid directly to the referrant themselves or to a non-profit organization that they designate. We do this because psychiatrists – like all people – respond to financial incentives and it works rather well.
You will notice we did not list job board promotion here. We do post our psychiatry openings to job boards – in quite a high volume, in fact – but chances are you are visiting this website because job board promotion has already failed and we do not think you should use us in order to do the things you can easily do yourself. We are not in any way anti-job board (perhaps we are averse to the extortive fees they often charge), but we just do not think it is the most viable method of sourcing psychiatrists. We prefer to directly reach out to people rather than just hoping they are looking at job boards.
Is this all you do to recruit psychiatrists?
We have other methods for unearthing psychiatrists that we have chosen to not list above, however even more important than discussing that is emphasizing a very key element: Candidate sourcing is only part of the recruitment process. Specifically, we have observed that most prospective clients think at the outset of beginning a relationship with us that the sourcing of psychiatry candidates is our sole focus. In fact, this is barely half the battle.
Our company is a true outsourcing of the psychiatry recruitment process, so that means once we have unearthed potential psychiatrists for your opening, we are then in charge of guiding every aspect of the process until a psychiatrist we are recruiting for your organization is converted into a new team member with several years of tenure ahead of them. We are experts at managing this process. It starts with our keen and exceptional ability to bring candidates to the table, but it does not end until they have been hired.
What if I am a psychiatrist looking to be recruited?
While this website is admittedly skewed in favor of an audience of those looking to recruit psychiatrists, we surely do not want to neglect the psychiatrists who make it all possible. If you are seeking to change your employment or at least make us aware of your geographic preferences so that we can alert you if we encounter something in a locale that is appealing to you, we recommend you gives us call. We hold all candidate inquiries in the strictest of confidence.
You will find the interaction to be much more pleasant and fulfilling than the typical recruiter conversation because – as professionals who solely focus in the recruitment of psychiatrists – we truly understand the nature of your specialty. For instance, if you indicate you want to do outpatient work with the “worried well” we will not try to sell you on a position in community psychiatry. If you indicate that you do not want to work with a patient population that is heavily personality disordered, then we will not try to convince you of the merits of work in an eating disorder clinic.
Our choice to solely focus in your specialty means we have a deeper understanding of your world than typical recruiters, which means you can spend less time explaining the basics to us and more time providing substantive information about your job search so we can seek to be of service.
Whether you are looking to recruit a psychiatrist, or you are a psychiatrist looking to be recruited, Monroe & Weisbrod is your strategic partner of choice. Please feel encouraged to call us anytime – day or night – at 516-92-PSYCH (516-927-7924) to discuss our services and to receive a complimentary consultation. We would be honored to be of service.